CALL FOR ART SUBMISSIONS
Thank you for participating in ART FROM THE VOID! We hope to provide an auspicious opportunity for visual artists in all disciplines to create artworks that can be placed in the ART Provides Gallery from November 1, 2021—November 30, 2021. We would love to see a diversity of artworks that can challenge or transform our city with different conformations and concepts related to our transformative experiences floating with our friends at True North!
- The artist must apply with work created and made after floating at True North. If you haven’t scheduled your floats with True North, please do so before submitting your art. Additional rules apply.
- Open to living artists of all ages, emerging and established. Mediums accepted include painting, sculpture, design, glass, metalwork, photography, digital, mixed media and installation art.
- There is no entry fee for the artist, but the artist must have floated at least three times at True North during the promotion period.
- Artists may submit more than one piece but not all art is guaranteed to be displayed. Any remaining art must be picked up on or before November 6th.
- Artists have full rights to your original art, but ART Provides will display it as well as photographs will be taken for a book to be on display in the Zen room at True North.
- Optionally the artist may choose to list the work for sale. Sales of artwork during and up to 30 days after the show will be subject to a 30% gallery sales commission in the event that it is sold.
- The artist is responsible for all shipping costs to a buyer including return shipping of all unsold work and import/export duties and taxes.
- We hope you will be inspired and get creating!
Attached here is a form for the labeling of your art submission. Please turn the label information in before or with your art at ART Provides no later than October 30th to participate in the show. Please drop off art during these times or by appointment during the week prior:
- Thursday, October 28, 4pm-7:30pm
- Friday, October 29, 2pm-6pm
- Saturday, October 30, 11am-5pm
35 N MAIN STREET, ST GEORGE, UT 84770 | FOR DROP OFF QUESTIONS PLEAE EMAIL INFO@ARTPROVIDES.ORG
BEFORE dropping off art Please be sure to
- Finish your artwork and make sure that all art is dry
- Label / tape your art with a copy of the attached label on the back.
- Please turn in your art ready to hang preferably with wire or single centered hardware (for 2D work).
- Please include a description with your artwork of how your art expresses your experience floating.
We are looking forward to the Art Opening on April 6th to share and be inspired by the incredible benefits of floating. Please let us know if you would like to participate in an artist panel discussion at the start of the event. We also encourage you to stand near your art so that others can engage with you about your process and your experience.
❤ Elizabeth Gunter
ART Provides a way of knowing, being, and becoming!