ART Provides Senior Studio
April 21-June 11, 2022 | St George, UT | ART Provides | Senior Studio
Thursdays from 1-3 PM
Teaching Artist: Elizabeth Gunter
Are you a member of the creative aging community and searching for a new fun way to meet people? Are you thirsty for connection and joy? Are you ready to experience creativity in a way that’s both rigorous yet made fun, releasing, and rejuvenating? Or maybe you are a senior artist who is ready to take your current art process to a more soulful depth while making new artful allies?
Come connect and learn to create in our new 8-week progressive course.
We will provide all of the art supplies and painting instruction for each class.
- In the first class, we will feel into the needs and interests of the group and introduce you to possibly your first new sketchbook to take note of and journal your experience each week.
- Week 2 we will begin with a guided meditation, mirrored drawing exploration, and a kinesthetic exercise using watercolors.
- The next series of 5 classes will be two-hour step-by-step acrylic paintings each building upon the skills of the last. You will learn some mechanics of acrylics and try out several styles of painting.
- The sixth and last painting will combine all of your experiences into a painting intuitively to LIVE music event.
- The culminating event at the end will be an art opening, refreshments, live jazz, and a few surprises to take home as well.
With the support of NASAA & Aroha Philanthropies and the Utah Division Of Arts & Museums, we are able to provide this all-inclusive art experience, including ALL supplies, entertainment, and instruction for the entire 8 weeks plus the culminating event for $88 per participant.
Study says art makes you mentally healthier even if you’re not good at it. We hope you will join us, come find the connection, relaxation, and inspiration you’ve been looking for.
Registration: Three ways to register. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 435-319-0788 or you can register below.