- ART Provides a way of knowing, being, and becoming.
- ART Provides us new experiences and exposes us to new ways of thinking.
- It stimulates growth, and paints our world in vibrant colors.
- It depicts in any amount of detail our understanding of our culture and traditions.
- It gives voice to the untranslatable.
- It pushes our boundaries, heals our hurts, softens and deepens our lives.
- It enriches our memories and makes bare walls exist beyond space and time.
How would you finish this sentence?
ART Provides________. Is an incomplete sentence that becomes an affirmation. ART Provides is on a quest to answer this question and build bridges between an individual’s external and internal experiences, between one person and another, among groups of people, and between individuals and their cultural contexts. ART Provides creates a culture of creativity. ART Provides diversity and inclusion. ART Provides a safe space to find authenticity in your self and find the courage to do what you love.
We are an offbeat grass roots creative space for artists to network, discuss, learn, and grow together. Photo taken just before one of our recent art openings where we start with a panel discussion with the artists.
Artists working in any medium, wether emerging or established, self taught or working on their art degree that are interested in showcasing their work are encouraged to apply. Artists showcasing any media you work in including but not limited to Sculpture, Painting, Drawing, Illustration, Fine Art Photography, Mixed Media, Installation, Graphic Design, Creative Writing, Film, and Animation.
If you are a musician we also want to hear from you. We have ongoing events featuring musicians who write original music. Did we mention the space is an old theater with amazing acoustics?!
a Culture of Creativity
We believe in the importance, power and positive effect art can make on our community as a whole and on peoples mental and emotional vitality. Whether your creativity is your career, a hobby or a curiosity our goal is to teach people how to let themselves be creative. I hope that I can inspire you today to be a part of an organization that is on a mission to educate, advocate and inspire creativity, mindfulness and facilitate a healing that needs to be cultivated in hopes of a better world.
Photo taken at our monthly signature event "Paint the Music Night" where we give you canvas, paint, brushes and LIVE music!
There is so much creativity to draw from in the world. From life, from other artists, from other industries, mediums, ideas. Designers are often inspired by architecture and painters by sculptors.
ART Provides has given me the courage to have a voice with my art. To do what I love even if it feels like no one will get it. Art is my spiritual practice, each mark is a word in a poem with an intention behind it that will remain within me forever.
My first art show went well!
On display since we opened is the art exhibit "SCALPEL TO PAPER: CARDBOARD REIMAGINED" by Charlie Pulsipher "
"There is magic in the minuscule, sparking imaginative exploration of hidden worlds we barely see. Miniatures have always fascinated me, and I’m drawn to the unusual, so how could I not transform a material so readily discarded, like cardboard, into something edging on priceless? It takes steady elf hands, natural nearsightedness, and inhuman patience, but each creation is unique, unusual, and beautifully detailed."
Come See My World.
Shirley Smith utilizes her eyes, various digital cameras and post processing techniques along with her sense of wonder to capture the beauty and inspiration of Mother Nature and beyond! Her expertise in digital photography allows Shirley to share these moments and feelings with you, the viewer. Please enjoy her photographic art images that record the world around us by remembering and sharing memories from your own life. Perhaps, you will see a favorite in a different light!"I want to capture the feelings, colors, and textures the world provides to us to see and experience.I do this through photography (DSLR and Infrared)—Come see my world!”She is the President of the Color Country Camera Club (St George, UT) and an active member of Arts to Zion (UT), the Southern Utah Artists Guild and Virgin Valley Artists Association (NV).
Why You Should Join ART Provides
CLICK ON STARED EACH ITEM TO EXPAND DETAILS AND SEE IMAGESSUBMIT APPLICATION
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION?
- Send images of 8 pieces of original art from your portfolio
- Artist BIO & Statement
- Headshot or picture of you in your studio
- Feel free to attach workshop ideas / Artists lead projects / Community installation art ideas with your submission - but not required.
- No previous showings or representation required
- Studio visit not required but reccomended.
- Intention and personal goals for you for the three month timeframe. We suggest you pick your top three.
- $30 non-refundable application fee
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- We are located in the heart of the downtown St George arts district right on Main St.
- Shows are curated, not judged or juried.
- 40% standard commission for all art sales. Artists have the opportunity to be shown in the Arts to Zion Showcase when available.
- The best way to learn is to teach! If you are interested in having a workshop let us know.
ARE THERE ANY MARKETING BENEFITS?
- Every artist can submit an inventory list to be featured individually on the website and the art can be made available for sale online. All online sales are pick up only or artist can optionally provide shipping to their buyer and the gallery can help with these transactions with buyers.
- Professionally designed branded marketing materials will be shared with you for marketing the exhibit including printed poster for each exhibit.
- ART Provides actively seeks free speaking engagements, radio, press releases, and podcast interviews and will mention artists in the exhibit and events
- Targeted Paid Ads on Facebook and Instagram
- Long form keyword SEO optimization about you and your work
- Continuous stream of visitors attending classes and special events every month
- ART Provides is proactively seeking ways to get the featured artists works seen, and purchased. Elizabeth is personally available to talk to buyers for private showings, additional information or images. Any suggestions on how we can best serve you and what markets you are trying to reach we will take into account for each exhibit.
- Did we forget anything? Contact us for questions.
The ART Provides Gallery & Studio Community Membership is designed to help you focus and thrive.
We hope to break down barriers and create a unique type of contemporary gallery/studio school.
There are no fees or memberships to exhibit aside from your application fee of $30 for up to 8 pieces and a 40% for all all sales during the show.
"If Mugs Could Talk"
January 11 - February 4, 2023
- Applications open 11/1/2023
February 11 - April 29, 2023
- Opening February 11, 5-9 pm
- Herstory Poetry Night
Featured Artist Solo Show
May 3-May31, 2023
- New Body of artwork
- Opening with Live Music:
- Readings from the book
"Inspired by Artists"
June 3- August 26, 2023
- Art Talk
- Opening with Live Music:
"St George Plein Air Festival"
Sepember 23-30, 2023
- Opening Event
"There's Color in the Desert"
October 5 - January 6, 2023
- Art Talk
- Opening with Live Music:
Let's create something great together!
ART Provides an offbeat creative space for artists and those who love them.
Artists interested in showcasing their work are encouraged to contact us. Space is limited, shows are curated.
LETS JUMP START THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY.
WILL YOU BE A FOUNDING MEMBER?
For questions about submissions please contact us or email email@example.com or call 435.319.0788